kathy bennett creative
FREELANCE ART DIRECTOR & GRAPHIC DESIGNER
I am a creative professional specializing in the conceptual thinking, planning, design, and execution of advertising, marketing, promotional and educational materials. Clear, clean, and beautifully communicative results in all media. I can follow through on your project from concept to layout to final production. As a team leader and player, I enjoy collaborating with other creatives, clients, and vendors to produce customer-friendly products for many fields–business, financial, medical, consumer, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, tourism, retail and more. I’m an innovative and competent art director, graphic designer, and communications specialist who is passionate about achieving quality results within any budget.
- Graphic Artist proficient in industry technology including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Quark XPress plus Microsoft Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint.
- HTML and CSS for web design and development
- Design, plan, and prepare presentations, concepts, layouts, typography, photography, retouching, illustration, and design for various media plus execute final files for production
- Project management including strategic planning, time lines, revisions, budgets, branding guidelines, presentations, and quality control with an eye for detail
- Full knowledge of production specifications, pre-press, color proofing, and press supervision plus web development
- Hands-on skills include renderings, line-art, mockups, and prototypes for dimensional projects
- Successfully collaborates and communicates with others and between departments at all levels
- Multi-task by employing excellent organizational and time management skills along with professional experience
TEACHING ARTIST STATEMENT
There are so many individuals who have never been exposed to a wide variety of learning experiences and this is where I look to help others realize their artistic capabilities. This is not to say that my experiences are better or more interesting, but just varied enough to offer a glimpse of possibility to a student who is on the cusp of discovery and creation. Being involved with students on the brink of creating their own art experience becomes an ever-widening source of inspiration for me as an artist and art educator.
As a multidisciplinary visual artist, I prefer to utilize simple tools and materials such as clay or pen and ink to maximize the creative experience with minimal distractions. In today’s increasingly digital world it feels good to get back to basics with hands-on creativity.
Bachelor of Arts degree in Art/Advertising Design from The College of New Jersey
Ongoing studies in web development and social media marketing